Insurance Claims for Homes Financed with Space Coast Credit Union
Need to file a 1st mortgage insurance claim for a property financed with Space Coast Credit Union? Please review the information below for the requirements and forms necessary to expedite your claim, as well as general process information.
To file an insurance claim, please provide ALL of the following:
- A completed copy of the Insurance Adjuster's report/estimate from your Insurance Company
- A copy of the contractor's estimate for repairs to be made, along with a copy of their contractor's license. If any permits are required from a municipality, please include this information as well.
- A check from the Insurance Company, endorsed by ALL payees listed (if SCCU is the 1st mortgage holder, we will be the last to endorse)
- A completed and notarized SCCU Insurance Disbursement Agreement. Please download and complete along with the required information above
General Process Information:
- Repairs typically need to be completed within 90 days
- SCCU will collect $200 from the insurance check proceeds to pay for the final inspection
- If the inspection is not needed (depending on damage), or if the fee is less than $200, the fee will be credited back to the member
- Visit any SCCU branch to complete this process, or contact the Escrow and Insurance Specialist directly by calling 800-447-7228 (ext . 5505, option 2) to coordinate via mail/email or fax
Worried about other aspects of purchasing a home? Contact a Mortgage Professional today!
Brevard: 321-752-2222, option 3
Broward: 954-704-5000, option 3
Miami-Dade: 305-882-5000, option 3
All Other Areas: 800-447-7228, option 3