From age 13 to 17
This account is designed to begin teaching youth how to prepare for financial independence. With adult consent, account holders can open a checking account, obtain an account debit card and make PIN-based transactions at merchants. At age 15, also with adult consent, they can open a share-secured credit card account in order to learn the critical skill of wisely managing credit and also build a credit history.
From age 18 to 21
All account options are available, and no parent or legal guardian is required. Account holders have the added ability to begin establishing accounts and services on their own. These accounts can also be accessed through the extensive "Shared Branch Network," enabling members to transact business in hundreds of branch facilities across the country and even internationally. This helps them to maintain the benefits of their SCCU membership while away at college or military service, or if they move to another area upon graduation.
- $5 opening deposit required
- $5 membership fee, which will be deposited to your account
- No adult joint account holder required for savings account.
- At age 13, a checking account and Visa® debit card is available with joint account holder, who is a parent or legal guardian
- At age 15, a share-secured credit card with an adult co-signer may be obtained
- Optional savings, including a "My Way" Account, is available
- FREE Online Banking and CALL-24 access
- Prosperity Squared - SCCU's online newsletter for young adults on managing your money
- Access to additional fun, informative stories, interactive games and puzzles through Googolplex: the Credit Union Guide for Student Money Makers